Friday, September 2, 2011

I Dreamed a Dream

I love Broadway musicals!!! Some of my favorites include Wicked, Aida, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and more recently, Les Miserables :)

I borrowed the CD from my friend/cousins bf Carson about 3 months ago and downloaded it but I never listened to it because I wanted to watch the movie first. Well, about 3 weeks later I found out that my "over the summer" reading project was actually Les Miserables! I had heard rumors that the book was...well...horrible. But it just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover, because I loved it!!! True, it was a tough read. But It had a wonderful story line and I'm so glad I finally got around to reading it and I hope I will read it again in the future :)

Now that I've finished the book, I've started listening to the cd and I fell in love! I can't believe the talent some people have. It is incredable.

One of my favorite songs from the cd, and just in general, is I Dreamed a Dream. It is such a wonderful, powerful song and I have loved it for years! I didn't realize that it actually came from Les Miserables until just a couple months ago because I first heard it on Glee :) Glee did a wonderful job with this song and I  <3 <3 <3 listening to it :)


Here is the origional version performed by Lea Salonga at the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables :) The whole soundtrack is INCREDABLE so go check it out!!! :)


Well I hope you enjoyed these songs, I know I did!!! I gotta go now because I'm gonna watch The Music Man!!! :) I <3 that movie!!! Blog ya later ;)

Love and Dreams,
Em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think...